Spiritual Crusade's Newest Podcast

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Believe in Prayer



It is one thing to have faith that prayer can work for others, but it is another to believe that prayer can work for you. Let me just share a quick story with you. 

Many years ago, we were camping with the family. We were playing in the creek, that was way higher and dirtier than normal because of the recent rain. I wanted to head back to the car for something and so, I yelled at my wife to throw the keys across the creek to me. It was very clear except for a few tree branches pretty high up and so I thought it was very easy for her to toss them over to me. But, sure enough she threw the keys high in the air and it caught on one of the tree branches and dropped smack in the middle of the creek. I quickly ran to where I saw the keys enter the water and felt everywhere. Sadly, the keys were nowhere to be found. We gathered together and said a prayer and continued our search to no avail. The thought came to me, you need to be sincere and pray with real intent. I began to offer up a much different prayer that I had said earlier, really putting forth significant amount of faith in our Father in heaven to guide us to the keys. After the prayer, I went back in the water and put my hand down, and the first thing I touched was the keys. I found the keys in the exact same spot that I had searched dozens of times already. The difference was the power of prayer and having faith and believing that the Lord could perform this miracle for us. 

Join with me in having greater faith, but also having perfect belief that the Lord will answer our prayers. It may not always be in accordance to our will but rest assured it will be in accordance to His will and be the best thing for us looking through the lens of eternity.

Background image by: Dom Haughton https://flic.kr/p/KiorJV

No comments:

Post a Comment